Wiley Agreement 2022-25
Det Kgl. Bibliotek national license consortium has entered a four-year agreement with Wiley covering the period 2022 to 2025 on behalf of the Danish universities and other research institutions.
The agreement is the second of its kind in Denmark, which, like the agreement entered into with Elsevier in 2021, ensures full read access to Wiley's journals and free and immediate access (Open Access) for the whole world to the articles published by researchers at the institutions covered by the agreement.
Highlights of the outcome of the negotiations
- The price of the agreement for the journals is fixed for the entire period based on the fee in 2021.
- There is continued and full reading access to the Wiley Journal Collection for institutions covered by the contract.
- Only researchers affiliated with institutions that are party to the agreement can publish Open Access for free.
- The agreement ensures that researchers (as corresponding author) can publish with immediate Open Access under a CC-by license.
- There is a national ceiling (cap) on the annual number of published OA articles set above the current level of publication.
- The agreement does not cover publications in Wiley's Gold OA journals.
- The agreement provides post termination access to 100% of the Wiley portfolio (gradually earned if an institution withdraws from the contract during the period, post termination access is earned as follows: 1st-2nd year = 50%, 3rd year = 75%, 4th year = 100%).
The full contract signed between Det Kgl. Bibliotek national licensing consortium and Wiley for the period 2022-2025 can be downloaded below.
The agreement has been dedacted due to GDPR and other details of confidential nature only relevant to the participating institutions.
What do I do as a researcher?
Wiley's Open Access terms for publishing articles follow Wiley's normal publishing process. Upon approval of an accepted article you will as a researcher be guided through conditions for approval of the agreement's Open Access conditions. The first step is to select your institution from the list to confirm your affiliation. Next, you will be presented with the option to publish open access without APC payment, and with a CC-BY license attached to your article.
Read Wileys guide: Publish open access with Wiley
The list of journals
The list of journals (valid as of 1 January 2022) covered by OA rights in the agreement can be downloaded below.
Gold Open Access journals are not part of the agreement. When publishing in Gold OA journals, as usual, a publishing fee (APC) will have to be paid to be able to publish your article as Open Access.
- Gold Open Access: publication in Open Access journals.
- Hybrid Open Access: publishing in traditional subscription journals that also offer Open Access for a fee (APC) from the author.
- APC: article processing charge (Open Access publishing fee).