Cambridge University Press license Agreement 2023-2025
The Royal Danish Librarys national licensing consortium has, on behalf of the Danish universities and other research institutions, entered into a three-year agreement with Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press agreement 2023-2025
The Royal Danish Library national licensing consortium, on behalf of the Danish universities and other research institutions, has entered into a three-year agreement with Cambridge University Press (CUP) for the period 2023 to 2025.
The agreement provides reading access to CUP journals for institutions on the agreement and free and immediate access (Open Access) for the whole world to articles that are published by researchers at the institutions covered by the agreement.
Main points of the agreement:
- Price increases are kept to a minimum over the three years.
- There is full reading access to CUP journals for the institutions covered by the agreement.
- The agreement covers that publications by researchers employed at the participating institutions can be published in CUP journals with immediate Open Access (OA) to the publishing version with a Creative Commons license.
- The agreement covers publication in CUP hybrid journals.
- There is a national cap on the annual number of OA articles published under the agreement, after which researchers can obtain a discount on APC payment.
We are happy to send you a copy of the national agreement concluded between The Royal Danish Librarys national licensing consortium and CUP for the period 2023-25. The agreement is only in English.
For reasons of confidentiality and GDPR, some information and pages have been redacted or taken out of the agreement document.
What do I do as a researcher?
As a researcher at an institution covered by the agreement, you can publish your article OA after it has been accepted for publication. See the list of institutions covered by the agreement.
When your article has been accepted for publication, you are guided through the conditions for approval of the agreement's OA conditions. The first step is to select your institution from the list to confirm your affiliation. Next, you will be presented with the option to publish OA without APC payment, and then you must select a Creative Commons license associated with your article.
Read the author guide on the Cambridge University Press website.